Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm A Real Grown-Up Commuter



On the drive to work the past couple days (yes, the drive to work! with my coffee!) I noticed that there apparently was a gas station of the future. It's a BP project and here's a picture or two to show you. I did not take these pictures. Someone else did. I found them by googling "la future bp gas station." Behold: the power of the internet.



Many people are incensed by this, seeing it as another specious bp promise in their marketing campaign that paints them as environmentally conscious when the opposite is true. If you're interested, there's 100,000 angry bloggers out there with lots of information.

I have not read anything that isn't news in the last two days. Or watched anything that isn't news. I've primarily been watching the cable news networks. If you never want to watch the news again, just fill in these following categories with items from your imagination:

1. SPECULATIVE STORY ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL RACE
2. SHOOTING OR OFFICE SHOOTING SOMEWHERE IN AMERICA
3. BAD NEWS IN IRAQ
4. HILARIOUS ANIMAL

Hilarious Animal is occasionally augmented with "What were they thinking?" style segments that focus on local-dust ups.
Oh, and sometimes the Shooting segment is replaced with WEATHER THAT KILLS. Just make up some interesting things and voila! the news!

1 comment:

jumbohen said...

True story: My dad used to be an exec at BP America. Your notes on the company made me laugh with recognition.